In the modern times, there is an increase in the rate of health diseases. This is due to the fact that humans have taken their life for granted and don’t take proper care of it. They consume junk food in bulk, indulge in unhealthy habits like drinking and smoking and lack the motivation to exercise and keep their body fit. As a result, you spend more on the various forms of medical expenses. You can save these expenses by taking better care of your body. As the saying goes, that precaution is better than cure. You should occasionally avail the various health screenings.
Various Health Screenings And When To Take The Tests
- Cholesterol Levels –you should also start checking your cholesterol levels at the age of 45. If you have diabetes, or smoke or even if the knack for heart disease runs in your family, you should regularly check the cholesterol levels every five years beginning at the age of 20. This is of vital importance and shouldn’t be neglected.
- Prostate Cancer Screenings For Men –this is another delicate aspect for men and can’t always be spoken about. You should consult your doctor and take the DRE and PSA tests. This will benefit you in identifying cancer if there at all in its early stages.
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases –sexually transmitted diseases can’t be detected quickly and is also a delicate matter which can’t be discussed at all times. You should consult your family doctor in regards to the screening of the sexually transmitted diseases. These are essential screenings as it can get others sick as well if not identified at the early stages.
- Mammograms For Women –it is beneficial to have a mammogram test every one or two years. This is essential for the women, and the tests should be started at the age of 40 and continued as and when needed. This is an essential process for women after the age of 40.
- Osteoporosis Tests For Women – this is the test for the thinning of bones and women are majorly affected by this. You should take a check around the age of 65 as this is the prime time when you may be affected by the disease. If you are of the age and you weigh roundabout 154kgs, you should refer to your doctor and avail a robust health screening like the bluecrest health screening.
These are the various health screening tests that you should conduct from time to time to avoid the risks of these diseases elevating and creating worse problems in the future. The health screenings are like precautions that help you take a head start from a disease spreading.