Rohtang Pass is the gateway to Lahaul and Spiti Valleys from Manali. It holds national significance. The pass offers astounding views of magnificent glaciers, peaks, Lahaul Valley, and the Chandra River. Following article explains the regions to explore after booking for Rohtang.
Rohtang Pass serves as the gateway to Lahaul and Spiti Valleys. Located 53 km away from Manali, the pass connects Kullu valley to Lahaul and Spiti which further opens the way to Leh. Apart from Spiti, Lahaul connects Manali to Pangi and the valley of Leh. The beautiful passage’s name has an eerie connection. The name Rohtang implies ground of corpses due to the number of people who died trying to cross it in adverse weather conditions.
Kullu Manali Rohtang Pass is a natural divide between Kullu Valley a pre-dominantly Hindu region and Lahaul and Spiti Valleys which follow Buddhism. The Pass is on the Pir Panjal mountain range of the Himalayas. Rohtang Pass holds strategic significance in India. The pass offers astounding views of magnificent glaciers, peaks, Lahaul Valley, and the Chandra River. One can get an opportunity to view the twin peaks of Geypan. Rohtang remains open from May to November.
Following are some of the best places, accommodation options, eateries, and activities to enjoy in Rohtang:
# Best places to stay in Rohtang: While there is no accommodation option in Rohtang Pass, Manali, the biggest town in the region homes several luxury hotels, riverside cottages, deluxe hotels, 3-star hotels, and homestays. The accommodations give a chance to explore the culture of the area.
# Best eating joints in Rohtang: Rohtang is the gateway to Lahaul and Spiti and does not offer any eateries. It is, therefore, necessary to carry some food.
# Best time to visit Rohtang Pass: The Pass remains open from May to November.
# Best places to visit in Rohtang:
- Nehru Kund: Nehru Kund is an innate spring with healing qualities. The water comes out of the rocks, and the source of the spring is the Bhrigu Lake. The melody of water bubbles blending in with the scenic panoramas of mountains creates an enchanting experience.
- Vashisht Hot Water Springs: Situated in Vashisht Village, the hot springs are regarded as a great treatment for skin problems and body infections. The springs have detached baths constructed for men and women, and even have modern shower rooms.
- Hadimba Temple: Resembling a four-story Pagoda, Hadimba Temple is home to footprints of the Goddess Hidimba. The temple holds significance for its magnificent architecture and the stone figurines symbolize the creativity of the artists. The temple is in the tranquil ambiance which adds to its charm.
- Marhi: The tourist destination is 35 km away from Manali and is popular for water adventures. The pristine snow heaven is the adventure spot for winters. The place has restaurants that serve several delicacies. One can savor the recipes and partake in the water activities.
- Gulaba: Gulaba is 6 km away from Rohtang Pass and offers a lot of adventure activities. One can laze in the lush green meadows or try sports while letting the warmth along with the breath-taking mountain views add to the experience.
Booking for Rohtang Pass opens the door to a plethora of destinations and activities.